Andrea Fitzgerald joined Standly | Hamilton, LLP, after completing a judicial clerkship for the Honorable John McBryde of the United States District
Court for the Northern District of Texas, Fort Worth Division. Her practice focuses on civil trial and appeals, in matters ranging from commercial
litigation to qui tam to catastrophic personal injuries.
During law school, Fitzgerald received a wide variety of honors, including being selected as an Articles Editor of the SMU Law Review and being selected to the Order of the Coif. While in the Criminal Defense Clinic at SMU, under the supervision of a licensed attorney, Andrea made numerous court appearances on behalf of her clients and served as first-chair defense counsel in a trial by jury.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Fitzgerald worked as a Medical Laboratory Scientist.
- Southern Methodist University, J.D., Magna Cum Laude
- Brigham Young University, B.S. Clinical Laboratory Science, Magna Cum Laude
- Order of the Coif
- SMU Law Review Association, Articles Editor
- Hutchison Scholarship Recipient
- Frank and Debbie Branson Trial Advocacy Scholarship Recipient
- Texas State Bar
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court, Western District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Medical Laboratory Scientist, ASCPCM